A brief update on the united parish discussions…
- Rev May, Rev Nicola and the Church Wardens are meeting with John Whale who is taking us through a process of creating a working document of priorities and key issues for discussion with PCC’s and congregations.
- May and Nicola had a positive conversation with Charles, the Headteacher at St Mark’s School, about the continued commitment of the new parish to the life of the school.
- The PCC’s are meeting for a social gathering on 4th June to get to know each other.
- We are planning to capture your ideas around the vision and values of the new parish with a Vision Day/Weekend on 10th/11th July- more details on this and how to contribute in other ways to follow…
- Although the plan from the Diocese to begin the formal process in June may slip back, there is no reason why we cannot begin to make decisions on the ground about how we want to move forward!
- Please do pray for the continued discussions and for God’s heart for this part of Basingstoke.