As you will be aware, we have been fundraising for a new heating system in the worship area at St Mark’s for the past few months and we have invited you to contribute towards this.
Alongside this, Will Hooper has been filling in multiple grant application forms, and we’re delighted to say that Veolia have conditionally offered us a £27,520 Environmental Trust grant (and we’re confident that we can meet their conditions…) This is wonderful news and will go some way towards us reaching the total cost of the new system, which we haven’t had a final quote for yet, but looks to be in the region of £45,000.
This grant from Veolia, along with the £12,145 that we have raised so far as a church, means that we are much nearer to our target, but we do still need your help to raise the remaining, as well as your prayers that some of our other grant applications will also be successful.
Thank you, and a big thanks to Will for his time and effort in this.
Details For Giving
Thank you for your generosity towards the fundraising for a replacement heating system in the worship area. So far we have £7,145 pledged or given, plus £5,000 from our reserves, against our current fundraising target of £18000. The cost of the project is not yet known but we are dependent on the generosity of one or more grant organisations to meet the final cost. Please pray that we are successful with our grant applications.
How to give. Choose the easiest way for you:
1) Log into PGS at https://www.parishgiving.org.uk/my-pgs/parish/68730/landing-page/ You will need to set up an annual payment and then remember to cancel it after the payment has been made. Alternatively telephone 0333 002 1260.
2) Let the Office or Christopher have a cheque and either write on the back of it or on an envelope that it is for the heating.
3) Make a bank transfer. Either the Office or Christopher can let you have our bank details.
4) Cash. Please use a white Gift Aid envelope if possible. Alternatively please hand in to the Office or Christopher.
5) Currently St Mark’s receives more money if your donation is not through the website, because other methods do not suffer a 4.8% admin charge and, if you are a taxpayer, other methods do get us the tax back if you can use Gift Aid.
The PCC and the Premises Committee are working to get some additional competitive quotations for the work but we now have faculty permission from the diocese to install the new system. Temporary electric heating has been set up for this winter season, but it is difficult to get the balance right between warmth and fresh air circulation to help protect ourselves against airborne Covid.
We realise that it might not be possible for everyone to give financially towards the project. If not, please pray that a new heating system will be installed before next winter.